Friday, January 24, 2014

Right at This Moment

This morning has been kinda stressful. Mom's freaking out thinking
 about meals, getting the house clean for relatives that might be coming by
 sometime today, and planning a get together for Glynne's birthday on Sunday.
 Oh! And we also have a wedding to go to tomorrow as well, and Mom's trying
 to decide if she should take the kids so everyone can see them or if she
 should get a babysitter and not have to worry about them. I voted
 for the latter, but I think Mom's leaning toward the first. 



Popcorn for breakfast? Only at our house!


Of course, the kitchen is a mess, which does not help Mom's sanity.


Landon decides to make pancakes and when Jonah sees them he keeps
 repeating pancake, pancake, pancake until Landon finally,
 but very nicely makes one for him.




Mom is making an egg for herself when Jack changes his mind and tells her
 that he does, actually, want a egg. Mom, almost at her breaking point, tells him to come
 over here and watch her so he can make his own. He ends up pouting in the chair until
 I tell him he either does what Mom says or I'm going to drag him down to his room.
 I'm getting pretty frustrated at this point. But I'm really surprised when
 Mom tells Jack that I'm right and that he better get over here.


When I first asked Mom why she was so grumpy, she said, "Because
 there are no towels clean, because Ally is doing her school and then she's going to
 leave to go to work and I'm going to have to do the laundry."

Things will get better soon. Maybe Monday? Let's hope.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry
 about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Matthew 6:34




1 comment:

  1. I love the "At this moment" posts. I like that your family is real. We all have these moments- where everyone seems to need something at the same time! The noise level is high, the frustration level is higher! Also, laundry and dishes are NEVER ENDING, aren't they! You know the saying, too, "If you teach a kid to make his own egg for breakfast....." Love, Billie

    ReplyDelete