Wednesday, January 22, 2014

My Strength Wall

I've had many people ask me how I choose the Bible verses that
 I put at the end of each of the blogs. Well, here's how...


About two years ago, my sisters and I made inspirational index card
 "wallpaper" that we taped to the underside of our lofted beds.


We looked up (or in my case occasionally made up) some quotes, searched through
 a gazillion magazines to find random words we could use, and taped them up.









Part of my personality is very visual, I want things to look pretty. I also get bored
 super easily and always have to do something with my hands (biting my nails, pulling
 at loose strings, etc), and anytime I would try to read my Bible I would get distracted.
 I realized this while I was looking through my Bible and saw these... 


The Bible is the tree of life, right? Well, I thought so.


One day I decided I couldn't get to anything in my Bible fast enough and cut
 out 66 little rectangles, labeled them, then taped them to the right books.




I can't even remember when I drew this; there are a couple other spots that look
 like this as well. I was eight when I got this Bible and I still vividly remember asking Mom if 
I could get it the morning we dropped Glynne and Dad off at the airport to go to
 Zimbabwe, Africa, for a two week missions trip.


On the way home from dropping them off, I filled this in myself.


That's a picture of Mom I drew to show that she was crying- sure
 they were going to die- when we dropped them off.

I also highlighted every chapter title in Psalms so I could, once
 again, find things easier. I don't remember doing that either.




This one I actually remember drawing! I was pretty proud of it.


So all of this was my inspiration to do this...


It's my strength wall. Everyday I read the Bible and pick a verse (or more!) that stands
 out to me that day. I write it down with a fun colored marker on an index card- LOVE those
 things!- put the date on it, and add it to my wall. I've been doing this since late
 June of 2013 and have about 214 so far. I'm gonna
 need to start on a new wall soon...






Every one of these verses has a story behind it, whether I heard it in church or
 read about it myself; I love to look over them and remember that particular story. I also
 love how they all have special meaning. I've noticed, too, that since I've been doing
 this I've been subconsciously memorizing a lot of them.


So, the answer to the question is that every time I write a blog
 I go to my wall and look over my verses until I find one that speaks to me,
 in hopes that it makes even the smallest of tiniest of dents in your life.

Then the word of the Lord came to me.

Zechariah 4:8


3 comments:

  1. So precious!!... thank you for sharing! You are an awesome young woman!

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! Thank you for ministering and sharing how your family seeks to serve the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL! Just like you!!!! Inside and out! <3
    Belinda W.

    ReplyDelete