Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Travelers have Arrived!

Just a quick note to let everyone know that the travelers have landed in Haiti!


We got up this morning at 2:30 a.m., loaded the van, and made our way to McDonald's in Derby.  Jonah and I then dropped them off at the Delta gate at Mid-Continent Airport in Wichita and said good-bye.


I always do this as I drive away - get choked up, shed a few tears, remind myself that God is sovereign, and then try to focus on the good of the situation and how the fear of the unknown can't stop me from allowing great things to happen. Boy, that is difficult!


I'll try and update you if I hear from them.  Bryan said communication could be spotty.  We'll just have to wait and see.  Thanks for your prayers.   

3 comments:

  1. Hey, it's Glynne!

    Just wanted to write a quick comment to let you know what's up.
    We landed in Haiti and immediately had a culture shock. There are so many people here. So many! The airport was insane trying to get everyone on the right school bus to head out to the mission headquarters. Luckily, we all made it together.
    I'm planning on trying to write a blog update from the resort sometime this week. Keep on praying for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie! You're a good friend to my Glynne.

    ReplyDelete