Friday, June 15, 2012

Update on Cousin Camp


After finally recovering :) from 3 days of going nonstop, I (Julie) had to fill you in on this year's camp.  We had a fabulous time. My cousins, aunts, mom, and older kids helped out so much which was the key to making it all come together.

Here are a few moments from camp to make you feel as if you were there!

Bryan guiding William around on Peaches.
We did the 50 foot water slide last year and it was requested again.
(I bought heavy duty black plastic at Lowe's - two 25 foot rolls.)
Bags of sand are better than dodging big rocks!  I bought old curtains at Goodwill and sewed bags.  This was Bryan's idea.  I guess he didn't want to doctor bleeding kids.  Good plan.
Dodging rocks or not, it still got a bit crazy.  This is Gibson jumping over Kate.  
Anders and Tyson (one of the twins) before bed.  This is what I love about Cousin Camp.  They will have these memories to relive when they attend each other's weddings someday.
sniff. sniff.
Little Hayes.  He's only 2 1/2.  Not really big enough to hang with the big boys, but someday!
Each kid had a number on his/her back according to when he/she joined the family.
My dad is quick to remind me that I produced 8 of the 16.  Yes, Dad, I know.
I claim #1,2,3,5,9,11,13,and 16.


The whole gang!
Mealtimes went amazingly well.  I wish I had this much help all the time!
Taylor (the other twin) and Jonah meet for the first time.
The sand Bryan had brought in was a hit.
He also saw these youth kayaks at Dick's Sporting Goods.  The kids loved them.

Face Pillows - a Pinterest project
My mom and Alicia aim at clay pigeons. Everyone was pretty good.  Alicia was really good!

Of course, these guys (Kyle, Gibson, and Tyson) were good too.
The only girl cousins under the age of 14.  Fashion shows and make-up kept them busy.
Climbing up to the treehouse during our campfire lunch.
The zipline.  Only a couple minor injuries this year.
I just adore this picture.  I guess it's the anticipation. 
Andrea, Aunt Pat, and Alicia.  They live in the Kansas City area.
Patrick during a marshmallow relay race.
Gibson can use this picture for his future political career.
Gibson and Anders with their mom, Alicia.
We also made a movie called Odd Jobs which is about three siblings who come up with odd jobs in order to raise money to buy their mother a birthday present.  It is hilarious.  Look for the two old twins at the end!  Glynne and I collaborated on it; I came up with the storyline and she wrote and directed it.  She wants to put it on the next blog.  Something to look forward to! :)


4 comments:

  1. What amazing memories!! Makes me wish the girls had some more cousins...and I had more energy to put together a cousin camp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hey, it might be better with LESS cousins! Just kidding. I love doing this sort of thing. And you, you would be wonderful at it!
      I need to ask Glynne how to have this show up as me replying.
      I'm so helpless! :)

      Delete
  2. How awesome!!! You guys are such a wonderful family!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for encouraging me!! Like I told Stacie, I LOVE doing this sort of thing. I'm just glad other people let me and they are willing to give up 3 days of their lives!!

      Delete