Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day

     This Sunday is Mother's Day. Unfortunately, our town's high school graduation is tomorrow as well. We are going to be kept busy going to multiple graduation parties, so my Dad and I decided to surprise Mom and throw her a family Mother's Day celebration today. We planned a really nice dinner (steak, sauteed mushrooms, mashed potatoes, rolls, and salad); Ally and I went shopping for ingredients, and I planned her favorite part of any meal - dessert. Yum. Some friends of ours, the Gardners, make the most delectable chocolate cake called Chocolate Formidable Cake. We all LOVE it. And to go with that I made a cream cheese dip for strawberries. Luckily, Mom and Dad had to go up to Wichita today to pick up some stuff, so I had plenty of time to get the house clean, make the cake, go to a graduation party for a friend, and then get all the kids into nice clothes before they got home. Here are some pictures of how everything turned out! 


Chocolate Formidable Cake before baking. This cake has coffee in it. It has no choice but to be good. 


I made a really fast strawberry dip. All it is is cream cheese and sugar. Haha! But it's so yummy. 



The finished product! I don't think I made the glaze quite right... but it tasted delicious! 



Emma wasn't exactly thrilled about having to do her chores. Oh, well. 


Landon had hurt himself by accidentally crashing his little dirt bike, so he cleaned somewhat slowly. Don't worry! He's ok. He just said that his thighs hit the handle bars pretty hard and feel bruised now. 


This isn't the best picture of Kate cleaning. But no one seemed in the mood for me to be taking pictures of them, so I didn't want to ask her to try again. 


Yeah... Ally didn't want her picture taken either. 


Ally and I put together a giant card for our mom and had everyone write her a little note. Oh, and bought her candy. Of course. 


I found this quote on the internet and thought it was pretty funny. 


Dad said we should all dress up and look nice for dinner, so here they are getting ready! 


Landon's chores were really bad today. He hasn't done them in a while. 


Jack was excited for mom to see what he wrote on the card! 





Jack got really grouchy once I told him I needed him to empty the clean silverware. 


Dad made some wonderful steaks! 


Isaac was too distracted by his new lego remote control thingy to be of much help. That's ok though because I already had almost everything done. 



Jonah helped by sitting in his swing and looking adorable. 


"Hehe! All the big kids have to clean and I get to sit here and swing! Mwahahaha!"





 

It was all SO great! 





Emma kept trying to take my picture while my mouth was full of food. Thanks, sis. 


Mom's favorite gift was from Dad. He bought her a drill! Now she can do all the projects she wants with her own power tool. 

Something neat my dad had the four littler kids do was to write down 3 things Mom does that they love. 

Landon
1. You're loving
2. You help me with school
3. You're a christian* 

Kate
1. You don't freak out a ton when we do school
2. You mack me smarter
3. You let me play with my friends

Isaac 
1. You help us with school 
2. You're kind
3. You tak us to the pool 

Jackson
1. Let's me sleep in her chair 
2. That you take me to the sand dunes 
3. Let's us find snakes 

*I didn't correct/change any of their spelling or grammar. I think it's cute. 


Jonah says, "Bye! And don't forget to appreciate your moms. They're awesome!"

1 comment:

  1. That last picture of Jonah...SO CUTE!! It looks like everyone had a blast doing their chores! haha ;)
    By the way...I'm stalking you by going through all of your old blogs I never had a chance to read. :D

    ReplyDelete