Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Little Things

     Hi!  This is Julie today.  I have to share something I found a couple days ago while looking for something.  A few years ago, some of the kids and I each made lists of 100 things that we liked/disliked.  When I read down my list, I just laughed. I wonder if any would be on your 100 like/dislike list.  Glynne thinks I should list them all, so here goes.

  1.  Waiting rooms that have good magazines
  2.  Good reading chairs
  3.  Smells from cleaning supplies
  4.  Freshly mown lawns
  5.  Healthy flowers
  6.  When a candy wrapper seems empty, but there's one more bite left
  7.  Shoes that look cute on my feet
  8.  Smell of gasoline
  9.  Dislodging a big piece of food from my teeth (Glynne says, "Ew. That's so gross, Mom.")
  10. Clothes I want to wear are clean
  11. Folding warm laundry
  12. Freshly mopped kitchen floors
  13. Coffee made just right
  14. Cake batter for a snack
  15. A great sale rack
  16. A row of model homes
  17. Those "Aha!" moments of teaching
 -18. Frayed shoelaces
  19. A good hair day
  20. Strawberry shortcake
  21. Taking a nap while camping
  22. Volleyball games with good rallying
  23. Watching my kids play sports
  24. New school supplies
  25. Sharp pencils
  26. Finding something I've lost
  27. Looking at house plans on the computer
 -28. Waiting for anything
  29. Dressing up my kids in really cute clothes
  30. Bathing suits that fit well
  31. Boys dressed in church clothes
  32. Sister trips
  33. Staying in hotels almost by myself
  34. Clean refrigerators
 -35. Hair in bathtubs
  36. Cute socks
  37. Draped cart outside delivery room
  38. Snacking on cold coke and candy bars while doing a project
  39. Being home alone
 -40. Coming up with dinner ideas
  41. Art projects with the kids
  42. Looking at photo albums
  43. Getting an email from a friend
  44. Painted toenails
 -45. Smudges on mirrors
  46. Good fitting jeans
 -47. Awkward silences in conversation
  48. Walking around Walls (An outlet in Stillwater, OK) without a time limit
 -49. Bad smells
 -50. Crying babies in cars
  51. Favorite song comes on the radio
  52. Clean bedrooms
  53. Paying off big chunks on the credit card
  54. Drawing house plans with Bryan
  55. Waffles with REAL butter
 -56. Clutter
  57. Garage sales
  58. Spotless storage rooms
  59. Making schedules
  60. Looking at paint swatches
  61. Watching TLC, HGTV, and Discovery Health at the clinic
  62. Going to Wichita on errands by myself
  63. Reading the newspaper at the library
 -64. Hunting for lost library books
  65. Watching a bride walk down the aisle
 -66. The craziness of the Christmas season
 -67. Being really, really cold
  68. Being with Bryan on a date
  69. When the Pottery Barn catalog comes in the mail
  70. Sonic drinks
 -71. Baby wipe tub is empty
  72. Overalls on baby boys
  73. Clean camper with a candle burning
  74. Pulling weeds when kids are happy
  75. Doing projects with Bryan
  76. Watching Bryan do projects
 -77. When you have to stop working to get people drinks - like iced tea
 -78. Forgetting something at home
  79. Complimentary candy at offices
  80. Bryan orders me a coke at a restaurant
  81. Brand new socks
  82. Tennis shoes that make my feet look small
  83. Shopping for Easter dresses with the girls
  84. When Ally makes tea
 -85. Filling in the wall calendar
  86. Getting a new schedule worked out at the beginning of the school year
  87. Watching the dress rehearsal for Dance Camp
 -88. Riding on motorcycles
 -89.  Going somewhere on an airplane
  90. White bead-board
  91. Shoes matched in their cubbies
 -92. Hiding Easter eggs
  93. Really moist meat
  94. Bathtime for babies
  95. When a kid does something that's my job without me asking
  96. Back rubs from anyone but Bryan
  97. When the toilet paper isn't on the holder
 -98. When people wear clothing that's too tight
 -99. Cleaning up after parties
 100. Reading good books written by moms with lots of kids

I think this proves the fact that little things, do indeed, make us happy and that small things, over time, can drive us crazy (if we let them).  I love it that I don't need huge, awesome things happening frequently to make me happy.  I just need to occasionally dislodge a piece of food from my teeth.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment