Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Being a Mom

     After a pretty decent night's sleep, I am up and excited to be a mom.  My attitude is good this morning as I look at each of my kids as the gift that they are.  I love it when I feel this way.  They talk to me and I really listen.  I look at their faces and make eye contact and just LOVE them.  So... I wanted to post some pictures of the kids that are so precious to me.  (Mind you, I'm writing this BEFORE lunch.  Things are bound to change as the day progresses, but I pray that I will still have this mindset.) 














Having kids is such a privilege.  If you have a second, you should read this quote...or passage written by Abraham Lincoln and found in Rhonda Hogan's book All Moms Should Have 4 Hands:

"A child is a person who is going to carry on what you have started.  
He is going to sit where you are sitting, and when you are gone attend to those things which you think are important.  
You may adopt all the policies you please, but how they are carried out depends on him.  
He will assume control of your cities, states, and nations.  
He is going to move in and take over your churches, schools, universities, and corporations - the fate of our nations is in his hands - so train him well."

All I can say to that is amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment