Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Jonah's Room

     When my mom first found out she was having another baby, she didn't really know where the baby would sleep. While they were designing our house, they figured if another one came along, they'd just figure out where to put him/her. During her pregnancy, my mom was so sure Jonah was a girl. She bought bags of clothes and pink bedding at Goodwill in preparation. I told her multiple times how she was jinxing our chances of actually getting a girl. Surprise! We got a boy. Now the pink room (that Kate so graciously gave up for him) must be transformed. You may be wondering where Kate is sleeping. Well, we made her a cozy, little bedroom under the stairs. Here is the door to Kate's room!


There's not much room... but all the kids who visit wish it was theirs. 
     Of course, you can't keep a little boy in a pink room. What does that mean? Redecorating! My favorite thing. Just kidding... It's not. But by now, my mom has learned not to ask me to help with stuff like that. I agree to cook meals while they paint. Anyway, here are some photos of the before and after!

Before
After 






We think he likes it. 


2 comments:

  1. Super cute! Your mom always has the cutest ideas for bedrooms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kacie! Ally and Emma actually helped me refurbish all the Goodwill items and made helpful suggestions. It's so much fun doing projects like this with my girls - well, not Glynne, of course. I'm glad you like it. Julie

      Delete