Monday, May 26, 2014

Showtime 2014!

This year the dance recital kind of slipped up on us. I mean, two weeks before the wedding we weren't really thinking about altering costumes or in my case finishing Ally's costume for our duet. It has been so much fun, but it's a huge relief now that it's behind us. 


I was in ten dances, Ally in eleven, and Kate was in four.





Since Ally was a senior this year, we got to do a duet together. During the beginning of the year, I begged Ally to let me choreograph a dance for us and all she would have to do is learn it. In the end, I think she was happy she did. I am going to miss having her in all of my classes, but I know that God has big plans for her in college.





Two other seniors we will miss are Annelise and Eli. They've been a part of Dance Camp longer than I can remember, and it will never be the same without them!




We had a blast performing at halftime basketball games with our funk team. I can't wait till next year!



My favorite dance was our tap dance even though our zootsuits felt like saunas.







Glynne taught three classes and was probably more nervous than we were.





I am going to end this blog with a giant THANK YOU to Mom and Dad. You pay the bills (and things do not come cheap putting soon-to-be five girls through dance), gave us rides when none of us could drive, and listened to us voice the frustrations that came along with learning ten or eleven dances in a limited amount of time.  We are so lucky to have such awesome parents and even when you doubt it, we still love you!

Till next year!

a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,

Eccleisiastes 3:4

No comments:

Post a Comment