Monday, November 4, 2013

Rental House: Part 2

Changes are happening! We're trying to get things wrapped up by Friday or soon after,
so we've tried to go everyday for a couple hours. So far I have 53 hours of working at the house. Anyway, here are some pictures of our progress.  




Ally was painting trim under the
 window and found this.


It's GUM! I think we were all
 a little traumatized.



During the weekends Dad was busy sanding the kitchen
floor and helping Grandpa put the new cabinets up. They did a
 great job, it looks amazing! 







The fireplace in the house was hideous. We were
going to paint it white until Mom saw a picture on Pinterest
and told me that she wanted me to make it look like that.
I didn't really know what I was doing, but I tried my best.


The Pinterest picture.


The finished project!



 After painting, changing the light fixtures, installing
 a new vanity, and putting sticky tiles down,
 the bathroom was pretty much done. 







Grandma was put in charge of painting the doors.
 After gobs of spackling and gallons of paint, they look brand-new.


     So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away,
 our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is
 preparing us for an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look
 not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen.
 For the things that are seen are transient, but the
 things that are unseen are eternal. 

2 Corinthians 4:16-18

We should all keep this in mind when things get difficult. Like pinterest says-
You are only as happy as you make up your mind to be.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE remodeling!!! FUN!!! Everything looks amazing! I love the kitchen and that fireplace looks awesome! Also love the newly expanded belly on pretty mom!!!

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glade we're done :)


    kate

    ReplyDelete