Monday, July 28, 2014

New Rooms!



 One thing I was super excited about when Glynne moved out was that I got to move into her room - which has a window! I am so happy! I mean, I miss her tons, but it's also nice to wake up and not have to wonder if it's still two in the morning...


Kate took my room so Mom could have an actual nursery for Jenna. 








The first couple of days were kind of awkward because I would accidentally walk into Kate's room thinking it was still mine. Considering I spent five years in that room, it was a surprisingly easy habit to break.


 eclectic bedroom by Dayka Robinson Designs

This was the inspiration I picked out for my new room! 


I spent one entire day painting and listening to music. I was pretty sick of the color purple when I was done.







My room looked like this up until a few weeks ago when I finally made myself finish it. Although I still need to hang a shelf, hooks, and a few pictures.


Mom and I added some trim to a bulletin board that I painted. Then I recovered the fabric on my chair and spray painted some other stuff that was still yellow. 












Mom repainted Jenna's room a used some of the stuff Kate and I left over to redecorate it.



Mom found the book/plate racks at a garage sale and absolutely LOVES them.


 Hopefully Jenna will be sleeping in her new room soon, and Jonah will actually sleep in his bedroom too. Mom says she'll be kind of sad when they do move out because it feels cozy having them there.

I do have a prayer request for Dad though... He wrecked his dirt bike and broke his collar bone in three places and will probably have to have surgery on his broken thumb, which stinks. So that would be awesome if you would keep him in mind. We love you, Dad!

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Hebrews 11:1



1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful!! Projects like this are so much fun! I know your mom loves them! Jennas room is very pretty and sweet! Will be praying for Bryan... tell him that chasing geese with us.... is much safer!

    ReplyDelete