Saturday, June 29, 2013

Bucket List #8

And... We've (kinda) finished #8 on the bucket list!
 It wasn't a lake... nor did we build an EPIC sandcastle, but we got close enough!


We woke up and were in the car by 9:30 a.m. to beat the heat to Chaplain Nature Center. 


Time to hike our way down to the beach! We LOVE this place. 


The weather was beautiful. The lighting was gorgeous as well. I'm thinking I'll have to go back and do photo-shoots sometime soon! 



It takes a good 10 or so minutes to hike down, but it's definitely worth it. Emma was a trooper and carried Jonah most of the way there and back. 




You know you're almost there when the dirt begins turning into sand! The little kids alway break into a run at that point. 


Yay! Last time we were here it was about 60 degrees... and the kids swam anyway. It was much better weather for swimming this time! 


They dove right in! Jonah hated the sand and the water last time we were here. He would cry whenever Emma tried to put him down. Surprisingly, he loved it this time! He was so excited splashing in the water, and trying to catch minnows. It was adorable. 




I didn't want to take my camera too deep into the water, and I didn't want to walk it back to my stuff, so I sat and took pictures of the sand. Artsy, I know. 


But, hey, I had fun! 



Ok... Listen up. I caught this minnow with my toes. YES. Toes. I just scooped it up and tossed it on the bank. I'm not gonna lie... I was pretty proud. Coolest thing ever. 



Ally caught this tiny, little minnow! I don't know if you can even see it... It's about the size of some of the sand! 


We all fished for minnows for a while. A dog had "adopted" us for the day. Landon was loving throwing the frisbee for it, but it wasn't helping those of us who were trying to catch fish. 


Look at her! When did she get so big?? And beautiful?!? It's crazy! 


Aw. Landy-kins. 


Jonah and Emma fishing for minnows! 


Look at that smile! It melts my heart every time. 


Isaac was so cute splashing around in the water! They were all so good all day. I was really thankful for that! 


Jack stayed busy burying himself in the sand. Over and over and over... 


Baby feet covered in sand are so adorable. And I hate feet. So that's saying something. 


Here's the "EPIC sandcastle"! Maybe not quite EPIC. But we did build about 3 of them... So that must count for something.  


I love this picture. Love it. 


Kyle couldn't make it, so Drew drew (No pun intended...) his portrait in the sand! 
We missed you, Kyle! 





After a couple hours, it was really heating up. And I was hungry. 


So, we rinsed off the excess sand and started the journey back! 



Landon had a hard time saying good-bye to his new buddy. He begged me to take him with us, but he had a collar on. We debated "losing" the collar in river accidentally... But that wasn't a great idea. He was so fun for the day though! 



Jonah was such a awesome boy at the beach and at the chinese restaurant we went to afterwards. 


He makes some good silly faces! 


Wow. I love this boy so much! 

We've done 8 out of 39 bucket list items. I know it's summer and most of you aren't able to do math in the summer, so I'll just tell you - we still have 31 left to do. That's a lot! 

Don't fear! We will finish them all! 


2 comments:

  1. That is so nice of you to consider your "friend" like that! ;) Drew must be a very nice individual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun!!! Love the romper Jonah has on. I believe that was Drews, then Spencers, then Thatchers... now Jonahs! Have fun with cousin camp....can't wait to see the pics!

    Diana

    ReplyDelete