Friday, February 21, 2014

Road Trip!

Isaac's birthday was yesterday, and Mom knew that he had been trying to
 decide if he wanted to get presents or go on a short field trip like last year- we went to
 the salt mines in Hutchinson and then we went to the space museum.
 He kept going on about how it was his best birthday ever, so Mom
 decided to make the decision for him.



The morning of Isaac's birthday, we got up at 7:30,
 loaded into the car, and took off!




Isaac had no clue where we were going. Dad instructed Jack to
 answer any questions that Isaac might ask with,"The sky is blue."






As we drove through the Flint Hills, I occupied myself by taking pictures.
 Did you know that Winfield is the first town in the Flint Hills on the south end?
 I always wondered why there was a "Welcome to the Flint Hills" sign
 just outside town. It makes sense now...

 

Kansas is so pretty! I absolutely love the flat land and the
 open skies, and how you can see forever. You feel like
 you're on top of the world!










Hay-bale minions...THAT'S how you attract attention.




Jack got bored so I drew a face on his hand.





Crossing the Mississippi into Missouri! Annnnd...


We made it! Isaac was super excited! He never once suspected
 anything during the four hours it took to drive there.


Skiing!



It started out rough, but we soon all got the hang of it. By the end of the
 day, Landon, Ally, and I were parallel skiing down blacks (not very gracefully I might add),
 and Jack was going down blues. I mean, he was terrified and he fell down
 a ton but... he did.



It was 60 degrees outside! We all wore hoodies and
 jeans and still got hot! It was AWESOME!








We left after 6 hours of skiing, drove to Topeka for dinner, then began the 3 hour
 voyage back home. We had a great time! I don't think Isaac will
 be forgetting this birthday anytime soon.

"Do you now believe?" Jesus replied. "A time is coming and in fact has come when you
 will be scattered, each to your own home. You will leave me all alone.
 Yet I am not alone, for my father is with me.

John 16:31-32

1 comment: