Tuesday, December 3, 2013

It's a Girl!


Mom went into labor yesterday! We were all extremely surprised when Mom's water 
broke. She has been induced with all of us, so it was exciting when she told us she was heading
 to the hospital. I still can't believe that I have another sister; I already love her so much.


Mom was sooo excited to get it over with.


Mom went in around 1:30 p.m., Glynne and I got there shortly after, and Ally 
dropped the kids off at Grandma's house then got to the hospital close to 2:00 p.m.
 They told us it was gonna be awhile so we pulled out the puzzles
 and card games.



8 hours later the baby was on the way!


Glynne, Ally, Aunt Kristen , me, and, of course, Dad got to be
 in the room with Mom when the baby was born.



Nobody was really surprised the baby was a girl. Out of everyone there,
 only 3 people thought it was going to be a boy.


Her name's Jenna Paige Davis, and she weighs 8 pounds 
1.6 ounces, and is 20 inches long. So far, she's the
 second littlest baby after Landon.





Dad and his girls. Aw...





 








Jonah adores Jenna. We thought he was going to be jealous of her, but he's
 actually jealous of the person holding her. 





Ally, Landon, and I went by today to see how Mom
 was doing and to hold Jenna.










I'm so grateful that everything went smoothly, and that Jenna is
 finally here. It's been a crazy couple of days, but I'm sure there's lots more to come.
 A special thank you to all our family and friends for your support and encouragement; it
 means a lot! Mom, thank you so much for trusting God, and for
 showing me that his plan is always best.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Proverbs 3:5-6

4 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful! What an amazing blessing. Thanks for giving us a peak into a sweet family moment--you made me tear up there at the end, Glynne. Indeed, His plans are always best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my! I.AM.IN.LOVE! Those sweet snuggles were not nearly enough.... I'm coming back for more! She is precious, soft and yummy! What a blessing!

    So excited for your family!!!

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful family! Thanks for sharing these precious moments. Also give my best wishes and congratulations to Mom and Dad and Grandpa and Grandma Davis. They were good friends from your dad's high school days. Love to all. The Greens

    ReplyDelete