Tuesday, August 27, 2013

School Has Begun!


 
     This is going to be a quick little update.  I hear yelling downstairs and should get up from the computer to go check it out, but... wait...it stopped.  Yay!  I'll keep on typing.  Another school year has begun.  I, personally, was ready.  Summer is nice - don't get me wrong - but days without somewhat of a plan can get kind of long.  I like having a plan and getting things accomplished.  So, last week we dove in and ...for the most part it was good.  In our Story of the World curriculum, we constructed a couple Pharos lighthouses from Alexander the Great's time.  That went well. 

        
      We also scraped part of our cheek skin to study under a microscope.  That was painful. 

In between all the other subjects, Jonah entertained himself by climbing in his Morton building.  It came with a set of John Deere tractors and farm animals that I bought for his "school."  He lasts about 8 minutes with an activity and then needs something.  To be honest, the first day of school was part success, part disaster.  It didn't help that I had to leave the house 3 times before 1:00 p.m. for unexpected errands. It was a trying day.  But...good news...everyday after that got better!!  Thank you Lord.  Landon even said this was his best year as far as him liking all his subjects.  Yay.  Even Emma, the sophomore, said her school wasn't as bad as she thought it was going to be.  That's a big positive coming from her!  

 Better close.  Husband is calling for me from the kitchen. I found the game Mille Bornes at our local Goodwill a couple of days ago and the family is beginning to play.  I love to play board games and don't want to miss this opportunity!  Check back soon for a blog about Kate's Goodwill birthday party.  I can't wait to put that one up!

No comments:

Post a Comment