Monday, March 25, 2013

Spring Break 2013

I've been so bad about keeping up with this blog lately! My schedule was hectic before spring break, and I had no motivation to do anything during break. I'll do a better job now that things are back to normal! 

Anyway, like I said, things were crazy before break because I was in a show called Vikings on Broadway. It's an awesome show, but it took up a TON of my time. I was missin' my sisters! We knew that the weather was gonna be 80 degrees one Friday, so we decided we'd have an adventure day. 


Of course, we had to stop at Sonic before heading out to Chaplain Nature Center. 


The beach there is so much fun! Even with the 80 degree weather, the water was a little chilly. We mostly waded and splashed each other.


Emma was trying to take a picture of me and Ally. She kept saying, "I can't even see you guys!" 
I wonder why... 



We made an awesome sandcastle - complete with sand trees and a sand graveyard. 



Overall, we had such a great time together! I'm so blessed to have my sisters as my best friends. There's nothing that can beat that. 

We had so much fun that day, that we wanted to take the little kids and some of our friends back. Unfortunately, there was a slight difference in temperature. Of about 30 degrees. That didn't stop us! 







The kids didn't care that the water was freezing. Isaac ended up falling in and getting completely soaked. 



Jackson cannonballed into the water. Let me remind you - it was less than 50 degrees! 



Jonah hated the sand. Hated it! 

 

Our friend, Drew, is a model and Kyle (our other friend) is a high-end photographer.
 I'm sure you could tell from the picture. 


Once the kids got out of the water, they started complaining about the cold. We started the long trek back up to the cars half carrying various children. I told the kids we had to stay out a little longer though to give Mom and Dad more date time. Drew kindly offered to have us all out to his place for a bonfire and s'mores. Even half frozen little kids can't turn that down. Because of the s'mores, the day ended on a high note. Thanks, Drew and family! 

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a lot of fun! I'm impressed that you took ALL 7 of your siblings on an outing and still had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete