Sunday, April 21, 2013

Prom - 2013

Most girls at 11:00 a.m. on prom morning are getting their nails done, fixing hair, and getting anxious about whether or not they're going to trip on their dress. 
We cleaned the house. 


I just made it sound a lot worse than it actually was... It wasn't bad! This is a really short list for us. When you split up a list this long among 7 kids, there isn't much to do at all. One of the perks of having  a large family! Soon, we were starting on hair and makeup. 



At one point we had 11 people crowded into our bathroom to watch the preparations. It was enjoyable craziness! 


I did Ally's hair, which I was nervous about because she has extremely thick, very long, silky hair! It's absolutely gorgeous... but a giant pain to fix! It turned out well though, if I do say so myself! 


I curled my hair and then Emma pinned it back. She learned this from Pinterest. It was so pretty! She did a great job. :) 


By 4:30, the food was ready and people were beginning to arrive. It was time to make our grand entrance! 


Katie coordinated with my dress! How cool is that? In case you didn't know, we got our dresses at Goodwill! Mine cost all of $25. Turns out... I didn't actually get to wear it. But you'll get to read about that in a few minutes. 


Annelise's hair took a little longer than planned... 
Eli (her date) waited patiently for her like a perfect gentleman. 


Everyone was telling us to pose... We're good at that. 


We all felt like paparazzi were hounding us! So. Many. Cameras. 


He must be thinking, "Yeah... She can't do this. She's going to hurt me with this pin."


...And he would be right. I couldn't do it. In my defense, I was the first girl to try it. So I did pretty well! 



Awww... They are so well coordinated! 


So cute! All that waiting was not in vain! 



Walking in heel in the grass is NOT fun or easy. But at least we were looking good! 



Work it, boys. Model those tuxes/suits. 


Dad was being goofy and pushing our dates away. 
Ha. Haha. Good one, Dad. 


I got bored of pictures... so I kicked off my sparkly, gold heels to play some catch with my little bro. 




We LOVE him! 


This is our sweet ride. I had a slight (ok, HUGE) dress mishap when we were practicing getting out of it. My whole zipper in the back split open. Maybe buying a dress at Goodwill wasn't such a "good" idea? 
Did you get my pun?! Yeah... it wasn't great. You should laugh out of sympathy. 

                                          
Being the Goodwill-ers we are, we have practically stock-piled our closet with formal gowns! Just kidding... but I did have 2 that I could pick from. I ran home and changed in about 5 minutes. Dancers are used to speed changes. I got this... 


I am so thankful Kyle and his mom couldn't find a tie to match my ruined dress. God is great! 
Even with the little things. :) 


Finally, we were ready to head to the prom! 


What a snazzy group we were. Even with all the chaos and wardrobe malfunctions, we weren't last in the line-up! We were close... but we weren't last. Yes! 

Overall, it was a great night! We danced, ate chocolate covered strawberries, and had a fantastic time with good friends. It's a night I will never forget! 






2 comments:

  1. you definitely have a future as a sitcom writer, or likely something much greater AND, with that "nothing's gonna stop me now" attitude, whatever path you choose will lead you to the top. Thanks for sharing the highlights (& lowlights) of such an eventful day.

    ReplyDelete